Radio Telephony Operators Licence
The requirements for the Flight Radio Telephony Operators Licence (FRTOL) can be supplied by us. You will have to complete a theory and practical examination.
We have in house CAA approved equipment and a Radio Telephony examiner to conduct the test. Training syllabus for the FRTOL:
Ground School will consist of learning about all the aspects of radio communications. Such as:
- Good Radio Telephony Practice
- General Phraseology
- Departure radio procedures
- Cross country radio procedures
- Arrival radio procedures
- Unattended aerodrome procedures
- Instrument Approach phraseology and procedures.
- Emergency procedures
PPL candidates should be aware that this licence although not formally part of the PPL syllabus must have been obtained prior to attempting the PPL Skills Test.